FHAPHetalia
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Poll

12. Which RP ideas would you most like to take part in?

Discussion Thread I_vote_lcap2%Discussion Thread I_vote_rcap 2% [ 1 ]
Discussion Thread I_vote_lcap7%Discussion Thread I_vote_rcap 7% [ 3 ]
Discussion Thread I_vote_lcap4%Discussion Thread I_vote_rcap 4% [ 2 ]
Discussion Thread I_vote_lcap9%Discussion Thread I_vote_rcap 9% [ 4 ]

Total Votes : 45

Latest topics
» shrek 4 is better than hetalia.
Discussion Thread EmptyMon Jan 09, 2017 10:19 am by Wolpard

» June RP idea poll
Discussion Thread EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 6:35 pm by BakaInuNinja

» Endless questions
Discussion Thread EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 5:32 pm by Wolpard

» Dogs Vs Cats counting! 3!
Discussion Thread EmptyMon Jun 29, 2015 5:32 pm by Wolpard

» Baka's ... Brain AUs?
Discussion Thread EmptyTue Jun 02, 2015 8:15 am by BakaInuNinja

» Werewolves Vs. Vampires Discussion Thread
Discussion Thread EmptySat May 30, 2015 6:24 pm by Blue Blood

» Eurovision song contest 2015
Discussion Thread EmptySun May 24, 2015 1:41 am by BakaInuNinja

» Creepy short stories 0:
Discussion Thread EmptyMon May 18, 2015 3:16 pm by BakaInuNinja

» An Apology
Discussion Thread EmptySun May 10, 2015 1:35 am by Wolfhiidan

» Kitsune, Huli Jing, and Kumiho Role Play
Discussion Thread EmptyMon Apr 27, 2015 1:08 pm by Blue Blood

» Group News
Discussion Thread EmptyTue Apr 14, 2015 2:52 pm by Wolpard

» DvsA redo again!
Discussion Thread EmptySat Apr 11, 2015 1:23 am by BakaInuNinja

» Cat/Nekotalia Role Play
Discussion Thread EmptyTue Apr 07, 2015 7:20 am by BakaInuNinja

» Corrupt a wish
Discussion Thread EmptySun Mar 29, 2015 2:50 am by Silverthewolf

» Share your FH Roleplays and chats!
Discussion Thread EmptySat Mar 28, 2015 10:09 am by BakaInuNinja

» IDEAS PLS
Discussion Thread EmptyFri Mar 27, 2015 11:35 pm by Wolpard

» March RP idea poll
Discussion Thread EmptySat Mar 21, 2015 9:14 pm by Heta

» Werewolves Vs Vampires RP update thread
Discussion Thread EmptySun Mar 01, 2015 9:35 pm by Wolpard

» Kitsune, Huli Jing and Kumiho Info+Discussion thread
Discussion Thread EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 8:14 am by Blue Blood

» Relative character ages project thing
Discussion Thread EmptySat Feb 28, 2015 3:54 am by Wolpard

April 2024
MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

Discussion Thread

4 posters

Go down

Discussion Thread Empty Discussion Thread

Post by Milodabilo Fri Aug 29, 2014 10:51 pm

I honestly can not tell if I'm putting this here right or not laughs

I just didnt want to flood the chat with anything that's a discussion, and maybe we could use this for future rants/questions we might have with each other as well?
I wouldn't know.

But if we do, I guess here's the first discussion/rant thing I have?:

But hey... guys, do you ever think we get TOO shippy in our rps?... I notice a lot of it but.. I don't think we should focus too much on ships either. As much as I love them as the next guy, do you ever think we could try having an rp without an already established ship already put into the rp or expecting two characters to get together?... I personally find this, I dunno, a bit boring to say the least? It kinda just cuts down our interactions to IC drama over ships and loving each other, and that kind of grows old for someone who has to read it and cant even join in.

I would really like to try and have an rp where we DON'T ship our characters straight off the bat, because it kind of ruins a PERFECTLY good change for interaction and possibly DIFFERENT outcomes and such things. Because really, during an AU, isn't it, I don't know, a give in to try and have different relationships instead of already anticipating who your character is going to fall in love with??
It kind of makes it boring and stale if every rp gets like that where you just want to fall in love. Why not have an AU where you ACTUALLY hate each other and try not to weed around it with the fact that in the normal verses your characters are together, you know???

It's just dreadfully boring and kind of kills the mood if in an rp you're supposed to hate the other side but I turn around and all I see are forbidden relationships. Hasn't that gotten old?... Really, in an AU, I say we try and not ship our characters or consciously think about it. If it happens, it does, but it'd be also fun if the characters werent so already attached to each other with love... it's kinda dull, boring, and just doesn't make sense. Really, in an AU, your character wouldn't act the same. That's why it's an AU. If we're in an AU where EVERY nation is in war, Swizterland(Sorry for using you Wolpops youre like the only neutral country and we always joke about it, I'm sorry it makes it seem like I'm calling you our or making you uncomfortable) wouldn't be neutral. If we're in a country where every nation is dangerous and deadly, they wouldn't be sweet as pie.

If we're in an AU where EVERYONE is supposed to hate the other side or hate everyone else, they're going to HATE each other, and already saying, "We're in a ship" or "not yet" kind of just dulls it and... I really don't want to rp if that's just going to happen.

I'm sorry, but it's kinda like the werewolf and vampire thing??.. It kind of lost its flavour to me as well because of this and whatnot. I'll RP it, of course, it doesn't ruin the whole rp... it just.. kinda makes it boring as you can't build your AU characters, you're just stuck in that one basic interaction part and it kinda just... limits what we can do if everyone is just, "Nooo, I don't want to hurt my forbidden love!"

I mean, if we limited down our AUs like that, I'd be all for forbidden love as a plot point, but we just seem to keep doing it, and it kinda just... gets boring for me to read and everything because everyone has someone they can go to can I'm kinda just alone and in rps and such, I'm usually turned against because no one agrees with my character or anything because of their love and it's kinda... old?

I'm probably ticking a few people off, I'm sorry... but I really think we're focusing too much on shipping and instead forgetting other interactions that would be really fun and cool to go through;;... so yes, sorry, we can let this little rant die or what not if you'd prefer. Sorry.
Milodabilo
Milodabilo
Micronation

http://Monobear-actual.tumblr.com

Back to top Go down

Discussion Thread Empty Re: Discussion Thread

Post by BakaInuNinja Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:11 pm

I never try to force a ship to be in any RP, but I'd rather let others decide or see what they think about it first.

I do agree with you in the sense that I don't fully like starting RPs with a pairing already existing, but more in the sense that it doesn't give any context as to how they interact together, plus most of the fun is in building up the interactions to lead to it.

I will say though that personally I don't find it repetitive even having the same pairings in different AUs. Like you said they will have slightly different personalities, and of course different situations which lead to different interactions and relationship dynamics. I find it pretty fun finding out how characters would get along in different AUs and what could cause them to end up in a relationship in those different situations and how they deal with things.

I do know what you mean with the Werewolves and Vampires RP though, and I did try to add on the main post for it about how, if anything, it would at least take a long time for any pairings to form in the AU
BakaInuNinja
BakaInuNinja
Star

http://baka-inu-ninja.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolpard Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:15 pm

I can understand. It can get a little dull watching other people RP ships from the sidelines especially when not having one of your own to RP. But.

Well- forone-- BakaandIaresittingaloneonFHalot. SowetrytocomeupwithdifferentthingstouseinRPs. WhichincludesusingAUsandalreadybuiltonideas- and is actually how that RP the other day started. Because we were alone for a while and we started one-on-one interacting and people showed up and joined in.

And even in AUs, unless it's 2P or something or specific to personality change in general (snapped!, dark!, etc), the characters would still have their same personalities- ...right? Of course, there are affected by their different verse, but overall they'd be the same type of person. As an example: in my defense for that; my depiction of Switzerland is that he's really not too interested in involving himself in conflict (unless given some payment-), because it's how the actual country's history goes- even before actual neutrality and therefore plays in to his character, AU or not.

Plus... we haven't really done much RPing that really hits hard at the plot. A lot of it has just been fooling around IC (like how that RP started the other day- because it was just Baka and I fooling around at first), or just throwing around jokes in OOC.

It's kind of hard to advance on plots and add to character development while actually RPing when people aren't showing up as often and don't stay on for long. :c
Wolpard
Wolpard
Solar System

http://SnowWolpard.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Blood Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:19 pm

Well, I will say I understand what you are saying. I have been in role plays and groups where people like to jump into the ship they like and they just have those two characters spend all their time together while I am left to the side since I have no ship.

I am not much of a multi-shipper at all. I usually do not like ships that are outside of the usual ships I have for characters. I would probably feel uncomfortable role playing another ship past a certain point, but I don't mind platonic relationships or interactions, whether or not my characters are already with someone else or not. 

I can still role play with other people though even if my characters are in a relationship. I try to do that. Maybe I don't do so well with it, but I do try. I can try more if people want to. Ican'tsayIwillroleplayothershipsbutIamgoingtoguesslessromanceisthepointyouaretryingtogetacrossanyway. Oratleastlessplannedromance.

Seeing as how the role play already started and people might already have certain plans, I don't know how much can be accomplished in the Werewolf vs. Vampire AU, but we could at least try to tone it down a little and maybe make up some extra thing to at least add more tension between the two species. 

And like Wolp said, even in AUs, the characters will more or less have the same personality they always have, so they still might be drawn to the same characters they are usually drawn, too.
Blue Blood
Blue Blood
Supercontinent

Back to top Go down

Post by Milodabilo Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:23 pm

Yes, exactly. I'm not saying we shouldn't ship or anything, all I'm saying is that we shouldn't outright start out with a ship, unless of course, like in Cardverse it's in there, such as with America and England being king and queen.

I just find it, I don't know, a tad bit boring if we just ship our characters in every AU, as it's more like we're just, "How can we ship characters in this". I don't mind shipping, of course not, but if you're going to break the rules of the universe we established to do so, it just kinda sucks the fun out of it, because some pairings just wont work, and we have to accept that. If we all agreed that the characters hate each other or something along those lines, then trying to come up with all these ways on how you can get around it wouldnt be any fun unless it's apart of the actual plot and not just some thing you want to do yourself.

And yes, I don't mind shipping even in the WvsV, but since we already established that both sides HATE each other, we should at least act in such a way until the characters either come to a point they can at least be FRIENDS first, or just keep hating each other since in some AUs, it wont work out. 

I might be sort of thinking too much, but I just think we should try different interactions, even with new characters, because usually if we ship characters together already, we kind of just stick to that character for most of the ones we do, and it'd be nice to put characters in an AU where they have to build relationships instead of having pre-established ones too.

But in SOME AUs, personalities aren't the same. I'm not saying scrap the original, but the personality WILL change, that's why it's an AU. If you're a demon in a thread, you're not going to love a human if the demons in that AU hate them. So you wont like the human. Usually, demons dont love in stories.

I'm really just trying to get romantic ships. It'd be a lot more fun if instead of always trying to make the characters happy, we ALSO try to add in some hate, some fighting, some stuff like that, because even romantic ones should have moments like that where they WILL break apart, WILL fight, WILL do things the other doesnt like, or even shipping gets dull in itself.
Milodabilo
Milodabilo
Micronation

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Blood Fri Aug 29, 2014 11:49 pm

On the forums, my characters are usually single (since Usa does not come on the forums and I have a ship for Canada, but he is not paired with anyone in the group). I have them interact more with characters in a non-romantic way. I don't really see many ships on the forums (except in the shipping role plays), not that are supposed to be official at least. The characters might be friends or maybe a relationship might be implied, but it is not really official. 

Though, I don't think I have seen that many romantic interactions in role plays that actually have a plot except in the most recent ones, such as Cardverse (though they all keep to the same kingdoms at least) and Werewolves vs. Vampires. Maybe there are a lot of forbidden relationships in that one, but we did just start it. Not even all the characters have been introduced or interacted yet. Even America and England only interacted once and England does not exactly like or even notice America yet. 

I think we are always going to plan for the role play to go a certain way, but we can just keep those plans open for how it might change as the role play progresses. 
Blue Blood
Blue Blood
Supercontinent

Back to top Go down

Post by Milodabilo Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:12 am

I just don't want to plan for a ship to happen or expect it to. I'm not in any roleplays in the forums because, you know, I joined this late and I sort of can't join in on them now because it would be weird. None of my characters usually interact, and really, it's just plan boring. I don't like being on Lili or Japan so much, because really, one is a child that always is with her big brother and Japan never interacts with anyone, which is why I was hoping for some interaction in W vs V because he has a point in the plot, but if everyone is just going to have a forbidden relationship in it, I kind of don't want to really do anything. I just really want us to try and interact more with others, because it's really boring just sitting there. No one really wants to rp with my characters anyway, so it's kinda bad  for me just sitting here and reading through all this shippy stuff. 

Which is one reason I want us to break away from our ships too is to try and interact with each other more, because we kind of don't, we usually interact with our ships and those that have those characters.

It's really just kinda boring and disheartening when I have to sit there and just sit there quietly because my characters never get to interact or don't have a ship to interact with.

And since our characters don't change personality, they just DON'T start interactions, it's just in their nature.
Milodabilo
Milodabilo
Micronation

Back to top Go down

Post by BakaInuNinja Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:23 am

I'd happily RP with you, and you say it's always the ships but like Wolp said- A lot of the time only me and her are online on FH and because me and her also don't want to always sit around just talking, we play around with little shippy RPs on there, and then occasionally you, Blue, or Heta will log on partway through but since it was just me and Wolp playing around with a way for us two to interact in character we've already got the 'setting' for the RP such that it would probably be difficult for others to join in with them anyway.
BakaInuNinja
BakaInuNinja
Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Wolpard Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:29 am

But... we do interact with others out of our ships?
Even in that RP Baka and I started the other day as a one-on-one, once others jumped into it, by the end, there wasn't anything really shipping going on. Like Switz was lecturing America, and they have nothing to do with each other in usual canon. 

I'd start interacting with you IC- it's just I'm usually on Switz and he's not the one to start things... and on the other hand, neither is Japan (despite them being friendly with each other in canon). I'm sure we could find a way. 

Maybe I should start using my other characters more often... butIhavemorefunbeingSwitz. Russiaisgetting...boring- FranceIfeellikeIalwaysmessup (though I actually didn't intend on taking him, andIironicallytookhimuptomakeHiidanhappywithFrAus- but I still have him interact with others when I use him). LuxIguessI'mkindaneutralon-
Wolpard
Wolpard
Solar System

http://SnowWolpard.deviantart.com/

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Blood Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:35 am

Well, Japan does have some relations in actual canon where he can interact with other characters. Switzerland, America, and England. (Also, Greece, Italy, and Germany, but Silver seems to stay on the forums with Germany and Greece. We have an Italy, but I don't know where they usually go). 

In this role play, obviously he and England will not get along (unless you want to make them fight or something since they are both of high ranks and maybe could see each other as rivals), but he could try to interact with America and Switzerland? I don't think Usa would mind it. At least for America and England, they are not really going to interact that much right away. Yes, Usa and I did plan for them to get together, but it was going to take some time, mostly on England's part. Even when they are together, there will be times they are apart just from the fact they know they are not supposed to be seen together. So, America won't always be around England.

He could also just try to interact with any of the other werewolves. They do at least have their species and hate for vampires in common. That goes for Moldova and the other vampires. He could interact with England. I'm sure he sees him enough since he is another leader with Romania. Then, in other role plays that are more neutral (such as the YouTube one if we start that one), they have more options for interactions. 
Blue Blood
Blue Blood
Supercontinent

Back to top Go down

Post by Milodabilo Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:38 am

Sigh. There's just no really point even if it's ships, I'm more or less saying can we try and just interact with others???

I wouldn't even care if it's just me, it's just boring sitting there by myself, but at least I can read everyone else's interactions.

It's been bugging me for awhile, and it's just even just the shipping, that's more of I just don't want us to focus on ships or try to start them in AUs where they shouldn't work.

I might not have characters that interact, but I can at least enjoy reading fresh and new interactions from others, and since that's usually all I do, I'm fine with that, as my characters aren't... very interesting to interact with, I know. 

All I really want is for us to try and explore more interactions with each other, and an AU is supposed to do that, even somewhat. Rping IC with my muses is hard, I know, because who really wants to talk to Japan, you know? Or Lili or, god forbid, being caught with Sealand in a thing, he's horrible to talk to. Mariya is an OC, and the reason I used to use her so much is because she was the ONLY one that would even talk to others for a longer time or wouldn't be overly sweet. 

Since I usually can't interact with people, it's just dull when I have to stick reading the same interactions. I guess we should TRY and rp more, but we're always so dependent on a huge group, and we can't get a huge group anymore. But even if we did do something idle, since usually only two or three people are online, it still kinda sucks because one of my characters do anything with anyone at all.

And for the werewolf thing, it's established he's not with them.
Multiple times, he's not even in the same country as them, so he can't really interact with them.

The Youtube one is the only interactions I can see with Japan so far.

Though, we also have to remember, in canon Japan doesn't just go up to people to talk unless he has to. He's stated in canon he prefers not to do that, and in my headcanons, he doesn't talk without a reason to, or unless he's living with them and such, like with America
Milodabilo
Milodabilo
Micronation

Back to top Go down

Post by Milodabilo Sat Aug 30, 2014 12:50 am

Reading three messages at once is such an adventure laughs. It gets all jumbled and hard to edit bleh.
Milodabilo
Milodabilo
Micronation

Back to top Go down

Post by BakaInuNinja Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:15 am

But?? You said you were hoping for some interaction with Japan in the Werewolves Vs Vampires AU, but now you're reminding us that he's in another country, so any interaction with him would just be with Hashi for now, or after we really get a pile of RPing done with the AU and get deep into some plot about the others looking for Japan or something.
BakaInuNinja
BakaInuNinja
Star

Back to top Go down

Post by Milodabilo Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:20 am

That's
What
I was hoping for
When he's brought in we can interact more

That was his purpose, his already established purpose before I even began this rant and I agreed with it.
He's not with them, he follows his myth. He lives on a mountain, that's his thing.

Which also gives him a REASON to interact with them instead of just being there. Because if you put Japan and two others in a room and he can leave any time and he's not trapped or anything, like it's just a normal day, he'd probably say hello and such, but he wouldn't totally dictate the conversation if he included himself in.

I didn't say I was hoping ONLY for Japan to be interacted with, nor did I say that was the ONLY AU I was counting on.

And I have already said, enough with that ship stuff, I get it, I'm just saying let's just not plan for shipping in every AU so it doesn't limit everything.

Last edited by Milodabilo on Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Milodabilo
Milodabilo
Micronation

Back to top Go down

Post by Blue Blood Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:21 am

The only ships I always see, and this is more on FH than the forums, is SwissBel and UsUk. We do joke about ships a lot, but those are the only two I see in role plays as of recently.
A lot of people are inactive. Only a few of us actually are active and go on FH. This limits the number characters and the number of interactions more. Only about six of us are active on FH and while we all have multiple characters, some characters are easier to use more than others and side characters, especially OCs, don't have as many relations to use. Maybe the interactions just seem to be low because there are only a few characters that can interact in the first place. 
I do think we role play out of ships, but maybe there are just not enough characters to have a lot of interactions.
Blue Blood
Blue Blood
Supercontinent

Back to top Go down

Post by Milodabilo Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:23 am

I think that message thing messed up-

For the response to blue read the... one above??
Milodabilo
Milodabilo
Micronation

Back to top Go down

Post by Milodabilo Sat Aug 30, 2014 1:23 am

Bleh.

I'm just saying, let's try and not plan ships to limit interactions and stuff, or if we're in an AU, just don't out right ship something, and if possible, interact more, since half the fun is trying to figure out a way to interact, that's what you have to do! Even if you're not comfortable with other characters(That you roleplay as, of course, like say if I was more comfortable with Sealand than Japan. Which I am not), isn't it fun to try and see if your character could possible interact more? Even if it's slow, at least it's something, and maybe, eventually ,the characters can hold a conversation.
Milodabilo
Milodabilo
Micronation

Back to top Go down

Post by Milodabilo Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:03 am

And I also guess the whole shipping thing was because when I came in for that small W vs V thing we did, Belgium and Switzerland were already together, and then when I asked about America and England, you said "not yet", so I was kinda just. 'Nervous' you were already planning ships after we kinda already said they'd hate each other??? And also kinda just brought a ship over for no reason too, which kinda just... made me hesitant to rp that specific AU and stuff already.
Milodabilo
Milodabilo
Micronation

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down